What happened recently:
According to VIP clients that receive an allocation, the launch of the online configurator for the Porsche 992 GT3 was delayed 1-2 times by the end of January 2021.
Porsche has now confirmed that on 16th of February they will launch the newest edition of their GT Series.
Sources familiar with the matter told us that
- on 16th of February Porsche will launch the 992GT3 and the 992GT3 Touring
- Both cars come with the sequential gearbox OR manual transmission
- Early GT3 Touring will come with manual transmission
- Early GT3 will come with the new sequential gearbox
- MSRP has not been confirmed yet. Will be visible in the configurator on 16.02.2021
- Production will start asap, early cars will arrive in May and June at the dealers
- A GT4RS will soon be launched, maybe with the new 992GT3 maybe later
- A 992 GT3RS will come with the new 4.2 engine and higher power output.
What we know for sure:
Porsche will launch a new GT3 based on the 992. There will be a GT3 Touring as well.
Porsche has developed a new sequential gearbox.
The 992 GT3 and the 992 GT3 Touring will not be a limited edition with a badge.
Power output will be in the range of 503hp for the 4.0 engine.
First market value estimate:
Early cars might be able to sell for 25-40k EUR over msrp.
That is only valid for early cars, for PTS ( paint to sample ) cars and the highest premiums can be made for a combination of early and PTS.
The car is not limited. We see a similar development that early 992 GT3 will sell for a premium. 992 GT3 Touring might also sell for a premium but will be a better investment for people who will drive their cars.
Similar to 997/991 GT3 /RS the 992 GT3 will have demand only with delivery mileage and only this year. We assume that 992 GT3 prices will have a short peak at around 30k EUR over MSRP and will then return to list price when never driven. At the same time a GT3 Touring with PTS and might be able to sell for a premium even after light use in 1 or 2 years.
Published by @the_supercar_guru